This is a quick update to what I’ve been up to.
Version 2.501 of Auteureist will have some minor bug fixes. The main improvement will be that all in-app purchases will become free and unlocked. This includes, journal, script, and text-to-speech. I’m doing this in order to simplify things when you will need to migrate to version 3.
On to version 3.
I am now using the development version of Auteureist version 3 exclusively. I am using it several times a day and using it to write another complete novel. This is a major stress test.
Here is the important bit. The upgrade is still far from done and I will continue to update and support the current version.
The good news about version 3. It’s very stable—the bits that are functional. The database is a lot more flexible, but at the same time it’s a lot smaller. There are nice new features that writers will appreciate, such as tracking how much you have written on a day. And to me, as the developer, the actual code is better and more adaptable.
The bad news about version 3. It’s not done. The main features all work—apart from exporting and importing—but they need some tuning and adjusting. A lot of minor functions are yet to be done.
Some screenshots now. One of the things I discovered is that if you have a lot of writing projects in various stages of completion, finding things is a bit difficult. I’ve added some filters that simplify that process. There is a filter at the project level, and another at the element level. You will also be able to search. These help a lot!
Font styling works—lots of people have wanted this for a long time.
That’s it for now.
Sent from Auteureist™