Status of Version 3 and ScriptFrenzy
I’ve been busy.
I’ve made a lot of progress on version 3 of Auteureist and things are beginning to wind down. Having said that, there is still a lot to test, and optimize, and debug.
There are some nice features in the rewrite. I won’t go into details here but will just say they make the app more enjoyable to use and more powerful than the previous versions.
One thing I have had to give up on is having the app sync using iCloud. I spent more time than I want to think about trying to get things working. In the end I gave up and pulled all the iCloud code out. Apple needs to fix and simplify how CoreData uses iCloud.
I, however, am not ready to give up on synching. I’m investigating some non-iCloud solutions. Hopefully, one of these will work and I will include it in the release.
April has been ScriptFrenzy month, where I write a 110 page script. ScriptFrenzy has officially shut down, but I will write on my own this April. I want to stress some of the the script and screenplay writing capabilities.
That’s it for now. I’m going to leave you with a screenshot. It shows two new features—no, you don’t win a prize for guessing what they are.